HRÍMNÍR Drop noseband Fire and Ice
- Soft padding around the nose
- Slim design for light comfort
- Available in two sizes for optimal individual fit (20cm or 22cm)
- High quality leather infused with extra oil for durability and softness
- Stainless steel buckles with rolls for easy adjustment
- Buckle guards to prevent pinching
- Embedded rhinestones in noseband
- Colour: Fire and Ice- Inspired by Icelandic nature
The Hrímnír drop noseband comes in two different sizes to provide optimal fit on different horses. We recommend the shorter one (20cm) for horses with a smaller and finer head. When fitting a drop noseband, it is important that it does not interfere with the bit rings or even put any pressure onto the bit rings.
The drop noseband should close around the horse’s mouth 3-4 fingers’ width above the edge of the nostril, well above the soft part of the nose. The drop noseband should still be supported by the end of the nasal bone. It must be buckled underneath the bit, not interfering with the bit rings, and tightened in such a manner that you can easily put 2-3 fingers underneath it at the nasal bone. It requires some room to allow chewing of the bit and relaxation of the poll and jaw muscles. Bear in mind that the horse’s nostrils are soft and compress as the noseband is tightened. During exercise, the nostrils flare to allow more air intake. The noseband must not hinder natural respiration by being too tight.
Make sure that the crownpiece rests behind the headstall at the horse ’s poll in order to prevent the cheekpiece sliding toward the eyes.